Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Haunted Painting

It was on a Saturday morning when my family moved to a new house. I didn’t like it. Why? Well it looked kinda creepy. “Do you like the new house Anna?” Mum wondered. “Uh it’s okay I guess.” I replied. “Oh? You could go and wonder around the house while we get set up.” Mum suggested. So I did what I was told. There was a corridor. A long corridor with paintings displayed. I looked at one. There was a man and a women. “What?” I asked myself and walked off. I looked at more pictures but they weren’t the same as that one picture with the man and women. The other paintings were bright and colourful, but the one painting. “I wonder why.” I wondered.

 “Anna! Time to go to bed!” Mum shouted from downstairs. “OK!” I replied back. It was 9pm I didn’t feel sleepy but I did shut my eyes for a bit. At least I thought it was a few minutes. I woke up in the middle of the night. Nothing to be heard. “I wonder if anyone’s awake.” I said. I went out of my bedroom and tiptoed to the stairs.When I saw the creepy painting I froze. It felt like someone was watching me. Because there was someone watching me. The eyes of the painting followed me down the corridor. Every step. I didn’t know what to do then “Thump! Thump!” there was a loud sound. “What was that!?” I said feeling panicky. I saw a shadow “What is that?!” I said. I ran downstairs not knowing where to go. I closed my eyes hoping it was a dream. But it wasn’t “Thump! Thump!” There’s the sound again! I didn’t want to go back upstairs because of the shadow I saw. I locked myself inside a room. “What am I going to do?!” That time I regret getting up from bed. I have no idea what to do. “Knock Knock” I heard a knock on the door. I gasped “What if that’s the shadow?!” I panicked. I tried not to scream. When I felt like the person went away. I went out when I saw the man in the picture. “AHHHH!!!” I screamed as loud as I can. “No one will help you…” The man said. “MUM!!!! DAD!!!” I screamed again. No one was coming….. I have no one now. “Hey look!” I said trying to trick him. He looks. I run away. I went to my parents’ room. No one. “Where could my parents be?!” I said panicking. I walked back. There was a sound when I walked by. It’s like a knocking on the floor. I lifted the carpet up. “There’s a trap door!” I said feeling excited. I opened the trap door. It was my parents! “Mum dad! There’s a man….” I said “We know and we need to get out of here!” They both said. There was a window on the secret room where my parents were, so we got out that way. I saw the man on my room. I ran before he could catch up.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Antonette,it's Siale From St Bernadette's School,

    I really like your story about the man in the painting, the part I liked the most was when you said that that painting was the only painting that wasn't bright and colorful like the rest of them. This story reminded me of the movie Coraline when her parents got trapped by her "second mother". Will there be a part two to this story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siale!

      I'm pleased that you like my story about the man in the painting! I don't think there will be another part to the story since I'm not sure how to start the part two of it. If you have any ideas please tell me! Thanks Siale for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Antonette,
    I really liked all of your story, it was so descriptive. Maybe next time you could make more of a description of the "Man" or someone else. I look forward to reading more of your work!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.