Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Information Report

WALT: write an Information Report


Sacraments 

 Sacraments are a part of the church. You could receive all of the during your life here on Earth.

 There are seven Sacraments which are Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Marriage, Anointing of the Sick and Holy Orders. Jesus is also a Sacrament of God because he mostly revealed what God was like when he was living here on Earth. Baptism,Eucharist and Confirmation is the three Sacraments of Initiation.

A Sacrament is a sign that people can see, which tells us something about the power and love of God whom cannot we cannot see.

 Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation are the three Sacraments of Initiation. Baptism is the time when you get welcomed into God’s family and it is also the time when the original sin gets washed away(The original sin is the sin Adam and Eve made years ago.) Eucharist is when you get given the Body and Blood of Christ and receive him inside you. Confirmation is the time when you become a full member of the Church.

 During these events they do some Ritual actions some of them are the Laying on of the hands which gets done by the Bishop in the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Laying on of the hands is not only done when you are confirmed, but it is also done when you are getting a blessing. Another Ritual action is pouring the Holy Water over the forehead, this is done when you are getting baptised. When you are receiving your First Holy Communion, one ritual action is turning the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.

 Throughout your life you will receive these Sacraments which shows you the power and love of God- Te Atua. As you receive the seven Sacraments God is watching over you and guiding you to successfully receive the Seven Sacraments.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Antonette!,this is Siale from St Bernadette's School.

    I really like your Information Report about Sacraments, I really liked the part where you talked about all the Seven Sacraments and I also like the part where you wrote about the Ritual Actions as well. This is very helpful because I am having my Holy Communion this year and now I know that when the bread and wine change into the body and blood of Christ that it is a Ritual Action. Have you had your confirmation yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siale!

      I'm glad that my writing was helpful for you! How did your First Holy Communion go? Also I haven't had my Confirmation yet. I hope I hear from you again!

      Delete
  2. Hi Antonette,

    I have really enjoyed reading your information report on the Sacraments. I like that you have explained that it is a visible sign of God's love for us. Maybe next time you could include some of the symbols for each sacraments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Antonette, this Is Sara from St Bernadette's school.
    I really like your Information Report about Sacraments, I like your Paragraphs it is a lot. I also like the part you talked about the 3 Sacrament. You have no mistakes you can be a writer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.