Pages

Thursday 5 July 2018

Teachers

WALT: write a persuasive writing.
Today in room 8 we had to write a persuasive writing about why teachers need their original holiday and why they don't deserve a strike.

Reflection- Something I found hard was trying to figure out what the solution will be and something I found easy was writing my different ideas about why teachers need their original holiday and why they don't deserve a strike.


5-7-18
 To Whom It May Concern,
 It has come to my attention that the teachers need will only have 4 weeks of the holidays and keep working the next and also they might be getting a strike.

 I think that the teachers need their original holiday because half of their holiday they might be working and preparing the work for the students the next term. They also need time with their families because as I said they might’ve spent half of their holiday doing school work and hasn’t been able to spend much time with their families. They need the time to do some school work and they also need time to spend with their family.

 I think that the teachers don’t deserve a strike because some of the children’s parents might be working that day and they can’t look after their children during the day so they might need to hire a babysitter and it will cost money, or they might have to not go to work that day.

 Another reason I think that the teachers don’t deserve a strike is they have prepared school work for the students and if they get a strike the school work might not get finished on time and the work that they prepared will just not get finished.

 The solution might be allowing the teachers to have their original holiday time because they deserve it and not let them have a strike because it doesn’t only affect them but it also affects the children’s parents.

 The teachers already work for 8:00am to 4:00pm and they deserve their holiday and they don’t need a strike. They have prepared school work for students and that might not get finished on time if they get a strike.

 Yours Sincerely,
 Antonette

3 comments:

  1. Hi Antonette,
    I love this piece of writing, you have really persuaded people to that teachers need their holidays and why they shouldn't get a strike, You have used really great vocabulary and reasons why people should believe you. Maybe next time if you had more time you could add more paragraphs.
    Keep up the great work.

    Siobhan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Antonette, your persuasive writing hooked me in at the start, as I read through the piece of writing I became more hooked in as i got deeper. I love the way you specifically stated "They need the time to do some school work and they also need time to spend with their family" I totally agree with your statements. You have an even amount of paragraphs and wonderful vocabulary, I love the words you use as in Concern, Deserve, Original. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Antonette,
    This is a really good and strong piece of writing that persuades people that teachers need a holiday, hopefully soon, this will be put into consideration. Maybe next time, you could add on to the solution e.g add reasonable times they could get holidays. Overall this is a great piece of persuasive writing. Keep up the good work!

    -Telesia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.