Pages

Friday 14 June 2019

Script Writing

This week our topic for writing was script writing. Our student teacher, Ms Ellis told us the structure of a script. We had to plan what we were going to be writing about and the characters we were going to include in our writing. For our characters we had to plan what their hair colour is going to be, what their favourite memory is, what their age is, what their name is etc. We had to be creative to produce a character to be put in our script. As for the actual script, the first time we did write a script we had to write about our main character's favourite memory or the worst thing that ever happened to them. These were planned and all we had to do was write a whole script about the scenario!

Something I enjoyed about writing my script was being able to be creative and make my own characters and giving them personality. Something I should work on is using more strong vocabulary in my writing to describe the scenario and hook my reader in. Something I found interesting was how to write a script because the structure of a script writing was different from my normal type of writing.


A letter to Angie!

 It was a usual day for Angie. She was in her room reading a book called ‘Diary of the wimpy kid.’ and humming along with her favourite song ‘Euphoria’ by a Kpop idol called Jungkook.

 Angie stops what she was doing and puts her bookmark in her book and stopped the music coming from her phone because of the knock on the door.

 Angie: “Come in!”

 Her little brother Mark comes in

 Mark: “Hey Angie there’s a man outside our door that wants you apparently.”
 Angie: “Huh? Why, What is it about?” 
Mark: “They said there was a letter addressed to you?”
Angie: “Oh Okay I’ll be down in a minute”

 Mark nods and exits Angie’s Room. Angie stands up from her bed and puts her book back in the space her book shelf has. She grabs her phone and puts in her pocket. She exits her room and went downstairs to meet her brother, Mark. When Angie got down she saw Mark and the mail man arguing. She sighs.

 Mark: “But I can just give it to her!”
 Mail Man: “I’m sorry but I just can’t give it to you!”

Mark heavily sighs…

 Mark: “Please?”

 Angie walks over to them and taps Mark’s shoulder getting his attention. Mark turns around to face Angie.

 Angie: “Go run along Mark, I’ll take over”

 Mark nods and walks away from the door. Angie watched him walk away and faced the mail man again.

 Angie: “I’m sorry about that.”
 Mail Man: “It’s alright. Here is your letter”

 The Mail man smiles reassuringly and gave Angie her letter.

Angie: “Thank you”

 Angie smiles at the mailman and takes her letter. 

Mail Man: “No worries! I should get going now”

 Angie nods, the mail man walks away to go deliver some more mail. Angie goes inside and closes the door and goes back to her room. She sees Mark sitting on her bed playing on his phone.

 Angie: “What are you doing?”

 Angie asked annoyed.

 Mark: “Who’s the letter from?”

Mark asked looking up from his phone screen to talk to Angie.

 Angie: “None of your business Mark. Can you get out now?”

 Mark groans but he knew better not to annoy his sister so he goes out and does his own business. Angie then takes Mark’s seat on her bed and opens the letter…

 Angie: “Dear Angie….”

Angie trails off as she starts to read to herself. As Angie reads on her eyes sparkled and her smile grew wider. Angie finishes reading her letter and lets out a squeal. Mark barges in.

 Mark: “What? What’s wrong?”
Mark asked a worried expression plastered on his face.

 Angie: “Mark! I got in the company!”

Angie says excitedly making Mark sigh in relief.

 Mark: “Wah I thought something bad happened! Congrats!”
 Angie: “Thanks! Let’s celebrate! I’ll treat you pizza!”

 Mark’s eyes sparkles at the sound of pizza. He jumps around.

 Mark: “What are you waiting for? Let’s go!”

 The two siblings exits Angie’s room to get pizza to celebrate her getting in the company she wanted to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.