Pages

Thursday 26 September 2019

Dunking Biscuits

In Room 6 we have been learning about fair testing. We learnt new phrases such as; Hypothesis,  Variables etc. A hypothesis is a prediction for your experiment and a variable is something you could change in your experiment. We had to come up with our own experiment with groups of two or three. My buddy was Lachlan and we chose to do "Dunking Biscuits" We had to plan our experiment in a doc where we included what we would change, what we would keep the same so our experiment would be 'fair' and what we would measure.

For this experiment, we had to dunk different types of biscuits in coffee and see which biscuit is the strongest. The different types of biscuits we had were; Arrowroots, Sugar Biscuits, Choc-chip cookies, Scotch fingers, Anzac biscuits and Raisin Biscuits. Our time set was 1 minute and 30 seconds and if it goes over that, we have to stop it. For the results, we had Arrowroots, Scotch Fingers, Sugar Biscuits and Raisin Biscuits as our best.

Our next step was to make our science boards showing our results, measurements, pictures, graphs, etc. We were free to do what type of lettering we wanted and to be creative with our boards.

What I enjoyed: Doing the lettering for our boards as well as deciding what the layout would look like.
What I found frustrating: How I can't change what I put up if I don't like where its placed because we used a glue stick to put it up.
What I can work on: Going in depth with the writing in our boards.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Antonette.
    I really liked how you explained it really well and put "what I like". I enjoyed reading that part. Maybe next time you could explain about the coffee so that your explaining the WHOLE fair-test to make it very equal. But nothing else bad about it. I liked reading it and the picture taken was amazing.
    -Lauren
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.